Marriages are made in heaven, but the 'just married' rush to Kerala for their honeymoon. After visiting Kerala many times in the last few years, I can understand whey God’s Own Country is also now the honeymooners first choice.
Here are the top 7 reasons why you should consider Kerala as your number one choice for honeymoon-
- Well Connected: Situated on the South-Western tip of India, Kerala is easily accessible by all means of transport. With international airports like Trivandrum and Kochi and excellent connectivity by both roads and trains, it is a breeze to reach Kerala. Within Kerala the roads are narrow but well laid and take you through picturesque surroundings. Kerala also has an excellent network of canals and backwaters for those preferring to travel by boats.
- Beautiful Beaches: They say you are never more than a drive away from a beach in Kerala. Indeed, some of the most pristine beaches in India are found in Kerala. Not only this, being on the West Coast of India, these beaches get some of the best sunsets, an instant hit with honeymooners for clicking pictures.
- Houseboats: The backwaters of Kerala, from narrow canals to long lakes, are one of the most surreal sights you will ever experience. Add a boat cruise in a houseboat with the world passing leisurely around you with an overnight stay in your own private house boat, and your honeymoon dreams will be taken care of. The beauty of these houseboats is that they are air-conditioned with your personal valet and cook dishing out mouth watering dishes for you.
- Tea Gardens in Mountains of Munnar: Kerala is one of those rare states where you can be on a misty mountain from a beach, in just a few hours. Technically, you can have breakfast on the beach, take a boat cruise in backwaters and then have dinner in a bungalow in a tea garden in Munnar. But why rush? Have a long leisurely honeymoon in Kerala and enjoy staying in each of the places as long as you want.
- Stay in a Tree House: With some of the last pristine forests surviving in Ghats of Kerala, you get a chance to stay with your spouse hundreds of feet above the ground. Only, this stay is not in a high-rise hotel but in a tree house perched atop a giant tree! The only neighbors you will have are some squirrels and birds perched on the branches for your company. It cannot get more exclusive than this, can it? Some of the best tree houses in Kerala can be found in Wayanad surrounded by spice gardens. The bonus is that you wake up in the morning not by the sounds of traffic but by melodious songs of birds announcing the sunrise. (Warning- There is no snooze button for bird songs!)
- Try some Great Food: With Kerala catering to travelers from around the world, it is now a hub of a great diversified menu. Right from the street food in Fort Kochi to the best fine dining options, you are spoilt for choices. You can try authentic Malabar and Kerala-style food if you are in the mood for local cuisine, or you can opt for any of the world's cuisine that you are looking for, from Chinese to Italian to Thai as per your taste buds.
- For All Budgets: Kerala has a well developed network of home stays, plantations stays and best of the 5 star hotels and resorts to meet all kinds of budgets. So whether you are a budget traveler or a luxury traveler, you will find a hotel of your choice and taste in Kerala without making a hole in your budget.
So go ahead and plan your honeymoon in Kerala and cherish the memories for a lifetime.